Friends of the Duluth Ward

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friends of the Duluth Ward

Weekly discussions and resources for Friends of the Duluth Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon

Nicholas F.
    Nicholas F.
    Admin
    Admin

January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon Empty January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon

Post by Nicholas F. Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:12 am

December 30–January 5

Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon

“Another Testament of Jesus Christ”

Your study of the Book of Mormon can be enriched if you start by reading the pages that precede 1 Nephi. What do you find that strengthens your testimony?

Share insights, ask questions or post helpful resources in the discussion below.
    Nicholas F.
    Nicholas F.
    Admin
    Admin

January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon Empty Re: January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon

Post by Nicholas F. Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:40 am

Benson, Ezra Taft. “A New Witness for Christ.” Ensign, Nov. 1984, p. 8. wrote:We do not have to prove the Book of Mormon is true. The book is its own proof. All we need to do is read it and declare it! The Book of Mormon is not on trial—the people of the world, including the members of the Church, are on trial as to what they will do with this second witness for Christ.

While it's fun to find external evidence (like horses in tar pits) of the things written in the Book of Mormon; ultimately we don't need to prove the Book of Mormon is true. Our responsibility is to read it and testify of the experience we have with it personally. I know I can't speak to the genetics of ancient Americans. Thankfully, I don't need to. In fact, in doing so I may inadvertently place the Book of Mormon on trial.
    Nicholas F.
    Nicholas F.
    Admin
    Admin

January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon Empty Re: January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon

Post by Nicholas F. Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:47 pm

We had a fantastic Sunday School class today! Here are a some of the questions that were asked. Share your answers or any other thoughts you weren't able to share during class below.

* What experiences did you have this week that strengthened your testimony of the Book of Mormon?

* What changes do you plan to make to your personal scripture study this year?

* What would your life be like without the Book or Mormon?

* What would you not know?

* What would you not have?
    Nicholas F.
    Nicholas F.
    Admin
    Admin

January 5: Introductory Pages of the Book of Mormon Empty 'Sunday on Monday' Podcast on LDS Living

Post by Nicholas F. Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:32 am

Here is a Podcast I found that follows the weekly 'Come, Follow Me' lessons. The host and her guests share some great insights and very real (non-standard church answers) thoughts and feelings about the gospel.

Sunday on Monday

Each episode lasts about an hour. You can listen to the first segment for free and read the transcript of the entire thing at the link above. The entire episode is available to paid members of the Deseret Bookshelf Plus subscription service.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:18 am